Wednesday, September 28, 2011

CONFIDENCE IS SEXY - Month One of Twelve - Post Six

CONFIDENCE IS SEXY - Month One of Twelve - Post Six

I love music. And so many artists. I have to say that if my life had a soundtrack, STING (and the Police) would be playing in the backround. Everywhere from "Walking on the Moon" and the classic "Roxanne" to all the songs relating to the cold war. During the cold war, I lived in Germany .... and hearing the words "I hope the Russians love their children, too" had much meaning and context.

Later, as I have established a home and learned to love a home .... "Hounds of Winter" and "Book of my Life."

I love to ski to the sounds of Sting (especially his Rosanne remix with Puff Daddy). As I was skiing this year, I listening to some music Jay loaded for me on my MP3 player, I found some songs that I had never bothered to notice.

Last year, I fell in love with Mary J Blige and her remix of "One" with U2. I did not realize until about a week ago that one of the songs I discovered this winter was a remix with Mary J. It is the song "Whenever I say your name" off of the Sacred Love album.

I remember years ago seeing Sting on 60 Minutes. And the interviewer said something like "Isn't all this a bit fake? You are over 50 and you are in a rock band?" Sting's response was (paraphrasing) "What's fake ? I am not wearing a wig or a corset ?"

Sting for me is a great example of someone who lives very deliberately. He eats well and is staying in good shape. His music means more to me because of who he is.

Mary J is just solid and grounded. At least now. (And if you take the time to look at the notes on You tube, lots of references to how sexy she is). Confidence is sexy.



As we have just passed through the 10 anniversay of 9-11, interesting to hear Sting speak of it. Our best response to the assualt, and our best way to honor the dead, is to live. Deliberately, with passion.

Best Wishes, Marie

1 comment:

  1. This is my favorite post of yours ever. You're so right. Confidence is sexy and I couldn't agree more about the best way to honor the dead and not just those of 9/11. Looks like we're sort of on the same wave length with out posts today.

    ReplyDelete